(PW5K1R1, PW6K1R2, PW6K1IN, PW6K1OUT)
family of access control modules are controlled by and connected to the
intelligent control module, PW6K1IC or PW3K1IC, through a supervised RS485 bus
at 38,400 bps. Hardware interface configuration options are stored in the
intelligent control module and may be directly controlled via operator
intervention, time schedules, or event-based procedures.
The access modules have been designed to allow for a modular customizable
solution. The PW5K1R1 provides I/O support for a single card access reader,
while the PW6K1R2 supports two card access readers. In the event that
communication to the intelligent control module is lost, the readers can be
individually configured to allow entrance based on security needs. This
customization allows for a door to be configured as locked or unlocked, or
accessed only via valid facility code. The PW6K1R2 also has an RS485 serial port
to facilitate communications to third party reader and field device controllers.
The PW6K1OUT interfaces with the intelligent control module (PW6K1IC or
PW3K1IC) providing up to 16-relay output control —12 relays on the front edge.
Relays may be used for elevator control, status annunciation and for general
facility control, such as door monitoring.
The PW6K1IN interfaces with the intelligent control module (PW6K1IC or
PW3K1IC) providing 16 supervised alarm inputs. An analog to digital converter
samples the input values and the digitized result is filtered and processed.
Filter parameters are configurable for each input point, resulting in the
ability to specify a custom end-of-line (EOL) resistance value, sensitivity
range and timing parameter.
The PW-Series access modules have been designed to accommodate various
mounting options. Units can be wall mounted in a high density configuration
(PW5K2ENC1) when space is limited, a 19" rack configuration (PW5K2ENC2), or in a
tile mount configuration (PW5K1ENC3).
- Modular design fits a wide variety of applications
- User programmable relay outputs allow for specific control needs
- User programmable alarm inputs offer flexible system configuration and
- RS485 communication to all modules
- Dedicated cabinet tamper and power monitor inputs
- Analog to digital converter technology provides digital filtering and
- Supports the choice of Normally Open/Normally Closed, supervised, and
- Supports a wide range of reader technologies including Wiegand, magnetic
stripe, proximity, and keypad
- Up to nine modules, power supply and battery can be accommodated by the
PW5K2ENC1, PW5K2ENC2, and PW5K2ENC5 enclosure
- System off-line modes customizable per reader include facility code
access, locked (no access), and unlocked (full access)
- Supports multiple reader and card formats for maximum flexibility and
- Operating modes include locked, unlocked, facility code, card only, card
and PIN, card or PIN and PIN only
- Any combination of 32 I/O or reader modules may be connected to the
PW6K1IC RS485 ports. 4,000 feet / 1,250 meters total bus length per port (a
max. 16 I/O or reader board may connect to the PW3K1IC)
- Alarm circuit type – Normally Open/Normally Closed, nonsupervised,
supervised (with correct EOL)
- UL294 / UL1076 and CUL Listed